ID
Codigo
Nombre
Clave de Zona
Via
Empresa
Carga
Cantidad
Implementation
Cerrar
Tipo
Duración del Via
Localisation
Clave
Observación
Pagina
Estado
Cargaderos
Material/Técnica

FC = Ferrovia || CA = Cable Aero ( p-pequenio,g-grande ) || FCM Ferrovia de Minero || FCVE Tren/ Ferrovia a Via Estrecha


Google Maps


image002aa


link11 Weitergehende Informationen und viele Bilder finden sich u.a.
Linares á Almería
A TODO TREN: THE ALMERIA – LINARES LINE ( By Antonio Aguilera and Domingo Cuéllar)
Caminos de Hierro del Sur de España (Linares-Almería y Moreda á Granada)
Linares a Almería (Línea FC)
El ferrocarril y la minería en Gérgal a finales del S. XIX y principios del XX

ScreenShot020

Texte aus Spanishrailways

Merece especial atención el tramo de Gergal- Santa Fe, cuya rampa continuada de 21,159 kms con pendientes de 27,5 milésimas puesto que descendía desde la cota de 724 l sobre el nivel del mar en Gergal a los 231,80 ml en Santa Fe, con un desnivel de 493,80 ml con una pendiente media del 2,33 % era la mayor pendiente de toda la red española, donde las limitaciones de velocidad y la capacidad de carga de los trenes, era patente. A estas dificultades se añadía la calidad de las aguas que dañaba las calderas de vapor de las locomotoras. El tráfico quedaba congestinado por el cuello d botella que suponía mantener este tramo en actividad. Puesto que su capacidad se reducía a 1.500 Tm/dias , o sea 400.000 Tm/año, cuando las empresas explotadoras de mineral necesitaban el doble de capacidad de transporte (revista Minera Tomo 59, año 1908, pag 36), llegando a plantearse una solución que pasaba por :
a) establecer cruces entre Santa Fe y Fuente Santa y , entre Fuente Santa y Gergal b) instalar doble vía entre Gergal y Santa Fe c) electrificar el tramo

Text by Antonio Aguilera and Domingo Cuéllar

Once the first few kilometres were in place, the mining companies began to consider linking their mines to the railway. One of the first to do so was the Alquife mine. It constructed a line to link the deposits situated in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada to the line at La Calahorra and Ferreira. This branch, which was for commercial traffic only, commenced service on 27th December 1899 and operated continuously until 1973 when the mine closed.Once the iron ore arrived at the port it was stored in moles or at platforms near the railway station. There it waited to be shipped to blast furnaces, mostly in England. The loading of ships was slow and uneconomical and the company searched for a better way which would ease loading and reduce the mooring times for ships.To this end, they built between 1902 and 1904 a metal pier (EL Cable Ingles) with metal struts and arches from the port to the railway station. Located in Almería bay, it received the honour of being opened by the King of Spain, Alfonso 13th on 27th April 1904 and remained in service until the closure of the mines in 1973.

In 1905, a new company was formed In the Alquife region, the Bairds’ Mining Company. It also intended to transport iron ore to Almería. In tough competition with Alquife mines, William Baird needed to construct his own railway to link up with the Almería -Linares line. This went to Huéneja y Dólar station and opened on 20th September 1916. Like his competitor earlier, Baird also had to construct his own pier. This new pier had a long and active life and in the middle of the 70’s was extensively modified to cause much less disturbance to the population. All activity ceased when operations closed in October 1996.Further to the two companies described, there were numerous other points on the line where branches went off to collect minerals extracted from the neighbourhood of the railway.La Société des Mines de Beires constructed an aerial cable from one of these points to the station of Doña María Ocaña on the railway in 1904. With little transport capability it had a poor return and the concern passed to the Soria Mining Company in 1907. This company continued until 1921. Under the initiative of Thomas Morell, now that the railway was complete a normal gauge line was built between Gérgal and this station to facilitate the transporting of material which flowed via various aerial cables to the point known as Cruz de Mayo. The line went into service on 27th July 1901 and remained until 1930.

El Cable Ingles – Images mostly by Wikipedia and Tectonicablog

Cable Frances – Images by Wikipedia and Flickr